It’s my anniversary today (26 years), and because I didn’t get him a card (I’ve been sick and/or traveling a lot), I thought I’d take a page out of Letterman’s entertainment book and list the reasons why I am happy with the choice I made.
10. At our wedding I got to hire a string quartet to play for
9. He truly likes to see romantic movies with me.
8. He can fix pretty near anything I break.
7. He rubs my feet when I ask him.
6. When I call the house phone from bed on weekends, he answers with a smile and says, “Room service.” (And yes, I can hear his smile – that’s how well I know him.)
5. He thinks I’m pretty and tells me often.
4. He’s THE best hugger in the universe.
3. He’s the most honest and trustworthy person I know.
2. He’s a kind and loving father. Which brings me to the number one
reason I’m glad I married the man I did:
1. Our boy. The best of both of us.
Here’s hoping for at least 26 more. I love you, Bob.